Re: Images hosted in Makreto not loading in Gmail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Images hosted in Makreto not loading in Gmail

Is Anyone experienceing this issue? We're having issues with Images not loading in gmail?

Do me a favor and send yourself a proof to your gmail account. See if the images load? Trying to figure out if this is a problem all marketo users are having or if it's just me?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Stephen,

I just noticed on an associate's computer that an email with an image I had just sent her had "Display images below" as a link at the top of the email. Clicking it would allow the pictures in the email to appear.

This is a setting in each Gmail users Settings that can be turned on:

0EM50000000Sj7j.jpg

I allow external images to be displayed so I see the images just fine.

Adam
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Adam,

This issue isnt related to permissions. Bur rather an server error message i'm getting. So Images are loading fine on your gmail account (sent from marketo) as of today? 

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Stephen, I just sent myself a test with no issues with the images. I believe I have external images turned on as well. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thanks guys! This has NEVER happened before and i'm trying to figure out why! All images load fine within my gmail (from other people / businesses) account accept the emails i'm sending myself from Marketo. Something weird is happneing. I'll have to contact marketo about it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had this issue.  Check the size of the image in Marketo - is it large?  Try using an image editing program like Photoshop to reduce the size of the image, then reload into Marketo and see if it loads correctly in Gmail.  That solved the problem for me.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank for the reply Laura, 

Our issue was actually because of a DNS issue. We fixed the problem and are back online now 🙂

But thats a good thing to know 🙂 Images need to be as small as possible (within reason) to load effectivly in eamil clients!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stephen, what was your DNS issue? I'm having the same problem, images hosted on marketo aren't loading in gmail.