SOLVED

Ignore 1006 error code

Go to solution
vanontherun
Level 1

Ignore 1006 error code

When submitting via the API, I'm adding fields that don't exist in Marketo. I think get Error code 1006, "An included field in the call is not a valid field."

https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/error-codes/

My question is: Can I set a flag somewhere to ignore if a field being submitted doesn't exist. Basically,  just optional form fields that marketo can ignore. 

Thanks in Advance, 

Van

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Ignore 1006 error code

Well, it’s not possible.

Marketo properly validates the payload against the available fields in your instance, so you can’t just throw data away (as would be possible if you sent a field that you thought existed in Marketo but hadn’t been created yet, or if you misspelled a field name).

When we face a situation like yours we have a simple mapping table that indicates which inbound fields are supported by which outbound endpoint, and what kind of transformation may be necessary (change field name, map boolean values to boolean-like strings, and so on). Then when you’re connecting to Marketo, you run makeMarketoPayload(original), etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

No. Why would you be sending fields you know to not exist?
vanontherun
Level 1

The use case is that we process forms submissions from different sources. Those forms get dequeued and submitted to multiple destinations, one of which is Marketo.  There are some forms elements that are used by the other destinations. Rather than check against a white list of valid Marketo fields, I'd rather send the payload as is (for the most part) to Marketo. 

SanfordWhiteman

Well, it’s not possible.

Marketo properly validates the payload against the available fields in your instance, so you can’t just throw data away (as would be possible if you sent a field that you thought existed in Marketo but hadn’t been created yet, or if you misspelled a field name).

When we face a situation like yours we have a simple mapping table that indicates which inbound fields are supported by which outbound endpoint, and what kind of transformation may be necessary (change field name, map boolean values to boolean-like strings, and so on). Then when you’re connecting to Marketo, you run makeMarketoPayload(original), etc.