iFrame Analytics

Anonymous
Not applicable

iFrame Analytics

I'm working on a landing page that has an iFrame. The iFrame displays different PDFs stored in the Design Studio. How can I tell how many times each of the PDFs were viewed from the landing page/in total?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: iFrame Analytics

You can't tell directly, although if you were showing a landing page with the PDF in an iframe instead of directly you might be able to get the stats that way.

Alternatively, you could use the Munchkin Javascript API and log a visit web page event with the name of th e PDF, but that would require some custom coding.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

We are showing the PDF in an iFrame on a landing page - but the user can choose from multiple PDFs. Here's an example (without the PDFs, which are IUO).

So, if each website is a Marketo-hosted PDF, how can I tell how many times PDF X was viewed? The only place the PDFs will be available will be on this landing page.

http://info.federatedinvestors.com/JennyiFrameTest.html

Thanks,

Jenny
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Jenny!

If you have Google Analytics installed on the iFrame, you can add tracking/campaigns codes to the URL so that you can see what was clicked and how many times in GA:

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033867

I hope this helps!

Jenn
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest using a landing page for each PDF you want to display in an iFrame. We use a lightbox style javascript to display individual brochures on top of the page content. This way we are able to capture data on individual views without the visitor having to leave the page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are both good approaches. If you're mainly interested in aggregate tracking stats, I think Jenn's answer might be the easiest to implement.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!

Jenn/Erik - I'll give that a try. Would the same solution apply to links to PDFs on a Marketo landing page that uses GA for tracking?

David - I appreciate your feedback. That presentation sounds very nice, but it's not quite the user experience we're going for.