SOLVED

Identifying when identical field data has been submitted via a form

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Identifying when identical field data has been submitted via a form

Hi Guys,

I need be able to identify when an another lead has been created that has an identical field data as a previous lead sitting in the databse ie:

User 1 fills in a marketo form, entering "ABC123" into a customer number field.
User 2 fills in a marketo form, entering "ABC123" into  the same customer number field.

I want to be able to identify when User 2 submits the same form and has the same data in that field. Ideally being able to send an internal alert once this occurs.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Identifying when identical field data has been submitted via a form

This lookup-and-alert can't be done with the standard platform.

You can ask support to have your dedupe rules include this field, but that would mean the leads are merged (you could tell when the 2nd+ forms had been submitted, though).

A webhook engine like FlowBoost (Pro) can do this, by performing a vertical lookup across stored data.

Marketo's ABM add-on is another option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This lookup-and-alert can't be done with the standard platform.

You can ask support to have your dedupe rules include this field, but that would mean the leads are merged (you could tell when the 2nd+ forms had been submitted, though).

A webhook engine like FlowBoost (Pro) can do this, by performing a vertical lookup across stored data.

Marketo's ABM add-on is another option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sanford,

Thanks for your answer, yea unfortunately what I thought the answer would be! No perfect solution at the moment.

I will most likely use Zapier to send field data to spreadsheet to do the calculation + send the alert.

Cheers,

Josh