Identify new companies??

Shelly_Wilson
Level 3

Identify new companies??

Does anyone know how to create an alert, filter a smart list, or create a report to show NEW companies that were acquired by a campaign, or a given period? Company names not previously present in Marketo? I can't figure it out. I tried a list with the following filters:

• Company name is not empty
  • Acquisition program is A, B, or C
  • SFDC Account number is empty.

Also tried:

• Company name is not empty
  • Acquisition program is A, B, or C
  • SFDC Status is not [and then included all of our status options].

No joy. List reports people, but they include companies I know are in Salesforce. I think this is because the names are of leads who have not yet been converted to contacts and tied to saleforce accounts/opportunities.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Identify new companies??

Hi Shelly,

Marketo is all about "Person" or Leads. I believe there is no filter/trigger to identify new companies created. You would need to leverage that reporting in SFDC.

Thanks

Floyd

Floyd is right, there is no possibility to query companies if there is not at least one contact in the database for them.

Once this is done, the company update date is not available either. If you want to search on this field, the simpler is to create a formula field copying this update field. This formula field will sync to Marketo and you will be able to use it in filters.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

FWIW, you can use a webhook to alert on new companies pretty easily (well, "easily" once you're used to the webhook realm).

The unique company list can just be another form of counter, like counting event registrations, etc.

bcarp-palisade
Level 2

I'd like to piggyback on this discussion. What about creating notifications for new leads from new companies? 

Something like:

Lead is Created

-> If company is Known, Do Nothing

-> If company is Unknown, Send Alert, then Add to Known Company List

Is it possible? (I started to build something out but I have 90,000+ companies in my database and Marketo's Company Name filter didn't appreciate me pasting them all in🤣)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brett C. - Marketing Manager @ Palisade
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Basically the same answer as in the earlier posts: you need a webhook to know that the company info is net new.