Idea: Be able to apply the unsubscribe footer to operational emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Idea: Be able to apply the unsubscribe footer to operational emails

Now that GDPR is upon us, we've received requests from some email recipients to add unsubscribe footers to operational emails. Some people seem to have a perception that all emails on any subject should have an unsubscribe footer.

I'd love to see a configuration choice on the admin email settings that would allow you to configure Marketo to automatically send the global unsubscribe footer on operational emails as well.

I've checked with support and this is not currently supported in the product.

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Idea: Be able to apply the unsubscribe footer to operational emails

Well... you can add it to the template of course.

For an additional setting this should be opened in Ideas if it hasn't been already.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really looking to have it as a global setting since we use multiple shared templates for various operational and non-operational emails.

I did try to add this to ideas to begin with but it was grayed out as a choice. Could you please move it there? Thanks for your help Sanford.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sharon,

The best practice is not to use Marketo default unsubscribe footer but rather to handle this through your templates and, if necessary, hard code the unsubscribe footer in your templates.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gegoire. Could you point me at some materials explaining the reason for this best practice?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The reason is that you get much more flexibility. You can even use snippets in this section of the email to be able to update or adapt the footer to the context.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gregoire!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome.