SOLVED

I want to limit the delivery time of emails resent by Soft bounce.

Go to solution
osamumatsumura
Level 1

I want to limit the delivery time of emails resent by Soft bounce.

I recently started to use Marketo. It is very efficient tools for me, however I have one issue of Marketo for me.
I am usually sending e-mail via Marketo to my customers for day-time only, but Email resent for soft bounce is sending for all-day.
For the reason, I am in trouble because my customer receives an email at midnight and is awakened.

How are you responding ?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: I want to limit the delivery time of emails resent by Soft bounce.

This isn't possible. You can control when you start the 24-hour SMTP retry period, but you can't abort the retries based on a time window.

On the other hand, you shouldn't need constant retries for a significant part of your database. What percentage of your leads (you called them "customers" — is that accurate from a sales standpoint?) are having this problem in a given send?

Also, I wouldn't use the expression "Soft Bounce" to refer to messages that have not, and will not, bounce. They're simply being retried and if they fail, that's your bounce.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: I want to limit the delivery time of emails resent by Soft bounce.

This isn't possible. You can control when you start the 24-hour SMTP retry period, but you can't abort the retries based on a time window.

On the other hand, you shouldn't need constant retries for a significant part of your database. What percentage of your leads (you called them "customers" — is that accurate from a sales standpoint?) are having this problem in a given send?

Also, I wouldn't use the expression "Soft Bounce" to refer to messages that have not, and will not, bounce. They're simply being retried and if they fail, that's your bounce.