I want to block the certain field on contacts to be blocked from being sync'ed to Salesforce.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to block the certain field on contacts to be blocked from being sync'ed to Salesforce.

I could not locate contact info in field management, any ideas?  I want to prevent Marketo from overriding information on the contact level in SF. 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: I want to block the certain field on contacts to be blocked from being sync'ed to Salesforce.

Hey Danielle,

This type of blocking is best done on the SFDC, by setting fields to read-only with field-level security.  You can choose to disallow updates to fields in Marketo with the Field Actions>Block Field from updates action, however.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: I want to block the certain field on contacts to be blocked from being sync'ed to Salesforce.

Keep in mind you can go to Admin > Field Management and assign Field Blocking to certain fields. I do this for key contact fields that Sales would not want overridden. The nice thing is it still lets you update empty fields.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh - I could not locate the contact info folder...is lead and contact considered the same thing in Marketo?