Re: HTML Works for Some Pages, Not Others

Anonymous
Not applicable

HTML Works for Some Pages, Not Others

I'm using some HTML on our landing pages so people cannot use Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. to submit information. The HTML is working on the majority of our pages, but there is one page that I've re-added the same HTML multiple times, yet it still doesn't block those email addresses from being submitted.

Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Calvin_Lam
Level 4

Are you using custom javascript form validation?  Can you give me the URL of the landing page that doesn't work?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's script that someone here on a discussion board suggested I give a try, and it works great for 99% of our pages, but just not this one:

http://content.insitesoft.com/ForresterWave_DownloadtheReport.html

I've copied the script from the working pages 3-4 times and re-added it to this page, but still not success. Please let me know if there's anything else you need from me.

Thanks!
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Alec,

It looks like you're not correctly closing the script tag for the function on line 408.  If you add in a closing </script> tag aqt the end of you HTML element, it should work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it looks like perhaps you didn't copy the whole script, missing a little bit at the end I assume.

0EM50000000RL6R.jpg

So using Google Chrome (right click, Inspect Element, bottom right look at errors), it looks like you're missing a } and a </script> at the end of this function to close out the javascript block. See how it just ends in </div> without first having a </script> to end it?

Then there's a 2nd error on the page with a custom variable.

0EM50000000RL6W.jpg

Which that seems strange to me as you are defining it, but for some reason it isn't happy with the definition. Or perhaps this needs to be in a single < script> block, both the definition of the variable, then the marketo munchkin code, then the use of the variable. 

Good luck getting this debugged. I think that this is where your problem lies.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! We got it figured out. Thanks everyone for your help!