SOLVED

HTML test emails are not sending

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

HTML test emails are not sending

When I send a test email, the HTML version doesn't send - only text-based.  We checked the junk mail folder and nothing was there.  We currently do not have our dedicated IP setup yet.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HTML test emails are not sending

Thanks Justin and Kristen.

We reached out to support and are looking into the following:
From Support:  It sounds like your internal email server is blocking the HTML version of the email. I recommend reaching out to your IT team with this information and see if they have information as to why they are blocking the Marketo HTML emails from coming through. This is likely the issue since I was able to send myself tests from within your instance both HTML and text only, just fine. You mentioned your IT team whitelisted the Marketo IP, however the article I sent you has a range of IPs that Marketo uses, and perhaps they did not whitelist them all, or perhaps they did at some point and recently made a change.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Try sending the email through a smart campaign to your test email address instead of sending the test email.
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Are you sure the email is not set as text-only? Click "Edit Settings" in the email editor to verify. 

If it's not that, then please file a support ticket.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Justin and Kristen.

We reached out to support and are looking into the following:
From Support:  It sounds like your internal email server is blocking the HTML version of the email. I recommend reaching out to your IT team with this information and see if they have information as to why they are blocking the Marketo HTML emails from coming through. This is likely the issue since I was able to send myself tests from within your instance both HTML and text only, just fine. You mentioned your IT team whitelisted the Marketo IP, however the article I sent you has a range of IPs that Marketo uses, and perhaps they did not whitelist them all, or perhaps they did at some point and recently made a change.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to play with you in the community this month Kristen!