How to view who clicked links in Email Link Performance report

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to view who clicked links in Email Link Performance report

Hi,

We're having trouble figuring out how to find out who is clicking specific links in our emails/newsletters. The Email Performance Report gives a good summary of # of clicks, but doesn't provide the lead detail we're looking for- i.e it doesn't offer the 'drill-down' feature. Worth mentioning that we don't have the RCA capability so not an option for us. 

Aplogies if this is a repeat topic, but couldn't find any helpful community articles. Thanks! 
10 REPLIES 10
Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to view who clicked links in Email Link Performance report

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, the only way to find out this information is to build a smart list with the "clicked link in email" filter. We have looked into this in the past as well. Would love a direct link to the leads behind the data!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hendo,

If you're looking for a specific list of leads that have clicked a particular email, you could run a smart list with the criteria "Clicked link in email" for the email(s) you want to see.
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

This is what I do as well.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Doesn't let you know which link though, unless you filter further for the specific link - but if your email contains several links, this can become cumbersome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a smart list with a criteria of "Clicked link in email" is the way to go. I create and export these for our industry teams after every send.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree - I had the same problem and now have a smart list as part of the package I clone for each new program/email. I'd also like to see this as a report someday...or actually, I'd love to see the ability to automatically run and send out smart list results to a list of folks. 
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

The Smart List solution is not the best though.

You can pull a smart list of people who clicked a link in the email, however

1) does not tell you WHICH link

2) you can use last interesting moment type to show just that (and cross your fingers that the last interesting type includes the email you are targeting), but if a lead clicked on multiple links in an email you can't see all of it.

super frustrating, I wish we could get a report that was similar to the smart campaign results but also let you see the link name in the "detail". If you click on "ID" in smart campaign, you can see what link was clicked, but you can't export that data - again, super frustrating.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

For #1, you can add a constraint on your SL filter that specifies which link you want to see the list of leads for. So if you built a SL for each link, you could get the full list of leads that clicked on each link in your email.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

The problem is, Smart Campaign results already do a semi-good job in showing this, you just can't export it. When you're dealing with 10,000 leads and multiple email links, the solution you provided becomes cumbersome. I'll take a stab at it though, thanks.