Re: How to unassociate assets using the segmentation I want to delete?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to unassociate assets using the segmentation I want to delete?

Hi,

I am looking to delete an existing segmentation in our instance and there are some associated assets with it. A couple landing pages, emails, snippets, etc.

Can someone guide me through how can we individually unassociate the emails, landing pages, etc?

I tried to look into the community but did not find exactly how to do it.

I would appreciate if someone could show me where we do the unassociations on the respective asset pages.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

As an add-on to this question I would love it if Marketo would create some sort of mass-removal button on the Segment level.  Otherwise, over time your segments simply become used on more and more assets and it would become impractical if not nearly impossible to back out of a segment to make room for new ones.  (Is it still true each Marketo instance only allows up to 20 created?)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is true that each Marketo instance only allows 20 segmentations across all workspaces.

To add to my question, if the segmentation is used on a landing page with status "unapproved with draft", do i have to "edit draft", go to each and every email element that is using dynamic content for that segmentation and make those elements "static"?

Should I leave the status - "unapproved with draft" as is even after changing all the dynamic elements to static? Or should I approve the change and then unapprove the landing page?

Please advise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the status would be 'Approved with draft' if the segment is in use by an asset, because Marketo won't let you unapprove a segment that is in use by anything.  Because of this, it is my understanding that, yes, you would have to go to every single element using a particular segment and remove it before you are allowed to actually unapprove or delete it.

This is exactly why I think it seems incredibly tedious to be able to delete a segment, the way it's currently set up.  I would love a 'mass unapprove' feature if it came with a pop-up warning or something, just to prevent accidental removals.