Re: How to transfer Custom Objects during migration process from Eloqua to Marketo Engage

Juhui_Cho
Level 2

How to transfer Custom Objects during migration process from Eloqua to Marketo Engage

We migrated from Eloqua to Marketo.

We were very active in using Eloqua's Custom Object.
Every event that the customer participated in, the survey's answers are stored in units of each Custom Object.

There is no limit to the quantity of this Custom Object in Eloqua.
However, as far as I know, Marketo Engage can only create up to 10 Custom Objects, and we must use API to put values in the field of these Custom Objects.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to implement something similar to the custom objects we used in Eloqua within Marketo Engage, or if there are any cases of such migrations.

I would appreciate any help you can provide!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to transfer Custom Objects during migration process from Eloqua to Marketo Engage

However, as far as I know, Marketo Engage can only create up to 10 Custom Objects, and we must use API to put values in the field of these Custom Objects.

Note that’s 10 Custom Object types or definitions — not the number of Custom Object records that can be attached to a Marketo Person.

How many different Custom Object types do you have defined in Eloqua? Can you give a detailed breakdown of these objects?(Without this, we can’t answer if “something similar” can be done in Marketo!)

Juhui_Cho
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman ,
Sorry for the delayed response and thank you for correcting my misunderstanding regarding the quantity limitations of Custom Objects in Marketo.
I was not familiar with Marketo's Custom Object, so I conducted several internal tests and confirmed that multiple record sets can be accumulated within a single Custom Object.
It seems possible to migrate multiple Custom Objects from Eloqua (which amount to hundreds) to a smaller number of Custom Objects in Marketo.
If there is anything I have misunderstood or need to consider, please let me know!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It‘d still be good to hear actual examples of what you’re migrating. When you say “accumulated” do you mean you have a field like subtype which allows for a single Custom Object definition to implicitly represent different business objects?