How to track form fills AFTER visiting web page with specific querystring?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to track form fills AFTER visiting web page with specific querystring?

Hi there,

We use UTM parameters for our CPC ads so if a person fills out a form on the specific CPC page, we can easily track those leads. We have that part covered.

The part I am having trouble with is tracking the people who have visited out web page with CPC and then later fill out a form. I have screen shot below of the filters I am using. The issue that I have is that there is no chronology to this. Essentially, this is showing the correlation. People who filled out the form and visited the web page with CPC in the parameters. We have seen cases where a person filled out a form and then a few days later visited a CPC page.

cpc-tracking.PNG

Can you help me figure out a way to report on someone who visited the web page with the querystring and THEN filled out a form? Thank you so much!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to track form fills AFTER visiting web page with specific querystring?

I wouldn't approach this from the flow side unless you are specifically trying to catch those leads who might have visited the CPC page in a different browser from the browser in which they filled out the form (note they would have to be known, rather than anonymous, in both browsers for this to be workable).

If you're trying to track the first touch within the same browser, you should instead store the the fact that they visited the CPC page in a cookie, then add a hidden field to the form that AutoFills from that cookie.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford - you are so helpful I think you have answered almost every question I have ever posted. Thank you!

I think the complicating factor is that we are looking to track this for both leads that are created by CPC and leads that might already be in our system for CPC. If we are talking first touch, could I do a query that said "Filled out Form This Month" AND "Original Referrer contains CPC"?

I'm trying to answer questions that my boss is asking me, which includes both first touch and people in our database who have been re-engaged through CPC. I suppose I need two different ways to answer those situations.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sanford - you are so helpful I think you have answered almost every question I have ever posted. Thank you!

That's scary!

I think the complicating factor is that we are looking to track this for both leads that are created by CPC and leads that might already be in our system for CPC. If we are talking first touch, could I do a query that said "Filled out Form This Month" AND "Original Referrer contains CPC"?

That would definitely give you a nice chunk of relevant leads, although Original Referrer would only apply if it were from the very first pageview.

If you run this query, use it to set the same field I refer to above (and in turn to add the person to a program). Then going forward use the hidden field on the form. In your reports check the program membership.