How to test tokens for lead owners

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to test tokens for lead owners

I've never tried using lead owner tokens for the From and From email before. I have a list containing leads that have owners in SF. The Smart Campaign will pull from the list and Flow says use email that has the tokens mentioned earlier. Appreciate if anyone can suggest ways to test if the tokens are working and emails look good for spacing.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Greg
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: How to test tokens for lead owners

Hey Greg, you can send a sample email to yourself, but use a specific lead that you know has a lead owner. This way, the tokens should populate, and you can review spacing, links work, etc.

0EM50000000SH65.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use this to test any dynamic content in emails.

Dory, have you tried to send to more than one recipient? I've had issues with the sample not being sent if there are more than one recipient in the Send To: when using a Lead.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Joe, usually I'm only sending to myself if it's got a lead's information in there... I can test tomorrow and let you know!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you want to send to real leads, then do this. I call this a Live Test because we actually hit Run Once.

1. Gather a Seed List or Internal Only List - this must ONLY go to email addresses on your team or your test leads. Double and triple check.

2. Set this smart list on a live send campaign or Email Send program.

3. Set the email

4. Schedule (verify counts)

5. Press Run Once

It will send real emails (not test) to the addresses with the right Lead Owner information and default tokens.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dory, Joe, Josh - Thanks guys! Exactly what I was looking for.

Greg