SOLVED

Re: How to sync over a newly created custom field on lead in SFDC to Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to sync over a newly created custom field on lead in SFDC to Marketo

Hi

I have created a custom field of type formula field basically to fetch the Created By + Created Date into Markeo. But this field does not appear in Marketo after next Synchronization run by Marketo. I have applied the same logic 6 months ago to fetch the Account Record Type Name into Marketo using custom formula field and it worked. I am surprised why is the same not working now. Kindly help.

Thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo records are updated by SFDC when the system mod stamp (last modified time) on a record updates. 
Formula fields do not update the last modified timestamp on a record. They are evaluated everytime ar record is opened.
For more information 
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KzYqCAK

Y
ou should see that all those 44 records that have a value have a last modified stamp that equals a time later than when you created the field, that is why they were picked up by the background sync process.

You may wish to consider triggering a mass update of all lead records via the data loader:
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L5z1CAC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using Salesforce Professional or Enterprise?
The field must be in the page layout in the Professional Edition or granted access through the security profile. 

Is the new custom field accessible if you login to SFDC as the Marketo integration user?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The field will come over to Marketo as long as it has been made visible to the Marketo sync user.
If you have SFDC Enterprise this means setting the field level security so that the profile assigne to the Marketo sync user can access this field. If you have Professional Edition you have to add the field to the page layout.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I am using Salesforce Enterprise edition.

Yes, I have also provided the visibility access to the User that is used for synchronization by Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have renamed the field after I created it. But I have checked in marketo under "ADMIN" > "FIELD MANAGEMENT" with both old and new names of the field, but did not find anything. Kindly help
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the name of the field?
I've checked your instance and I see "Record_Created_By__c" is a formula field on the lead object.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Cathal. That's the field I have created. But why is that not visible to me in Marketo?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure? I see it in field management

0EM50000000RFsa.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could locate it as a column for a smart list but not in Field management.

0EM50000000RFsf.jpg

Also, I created a smart list "Lead Record Created By Not NULL" which returns me only 44 records. Why is that so?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo records are updated by SFDC when the system mod stamp (last modified time) on a record updates. 
Formula fields do not update the last modified timestamp on a record. They are evaluated everytime ar record is opened.
For more information 
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KzYqCAK

Y
ou should see that all those 44 records that have a value have a last modified stamp that equals a time later than when you created the field, that is why they were picked up by the background sync process.

You may wish to consider triggering a mass update of all lead records via the data loader:
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L5z1CAC