How to sync custom fields from salesforce opportunity to marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to sync custom fields from salesforce opportunity to marketo

Hello!

I am trying to sync some custom fields from the opportunity salesforce object to marketo.  Only, in the marketo salesoforce object sync opportunity does not appear as an option.  I do see standard opportunity data on a lead in the marketo lead database, so I know the data is there.  How do i get Marketo to sync the missing opportunity custom fields?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to sync custom fields from salesforce opportunity to marketo

are the fields exposed to the marketo user?
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Eric,

For this purpose, make sure you've mapping for those custom fields with Marketo. Go to Admin section, go to Field Management option, open the Field Mapping Tab and check for mapping of that field with Marketo. If there is no mapping, make sure that your field is mapped.  Your custom field from Salesforce Opportunity should be in the "Unmapped Custom Fields" folder.

Let me know if you have any further query.

Thanks!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information!  I did not know about the umapped field folder.  Unfortunatily, my fields are not there.  And Josh, yes the sync user in salesforce does have permissions for the opportunity fields,and full access to the opportunity object.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Eric,

I have found the only way to sync custom SFDC Opty fields is via API calls. You can ask support to create fields on the Makreto Opty object but the sync will not recognize them or do anything with the data in these fields. Only via custom API calls on the mObjects will you get this all working. Its a weak spot that needs attention for sure.

Marketo REST APIs: Opportunity Objects » Marketo Developers