How to suppress certain emails in an Engagement Program for certain contacts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to suppress certain emails in an Engagement Program for certain contacts?

Hi all,

I am about to start an Engagement Program for new leads. These new leads might have come into our database by downloading a particular white paper, but this very white paper could also be part of the Engagement Program. Any idea how I could prevent these leads from receiving a white paper email for an asset they have already downloaded?

Maybe to add more clarity: These leads have never received an email from us, but they have submitted a Marketo form. And I don't want to exclude these contacts from the complete stream but just from a particular email in that stream.

Thanks,
Michael
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to suppress certain emails in an Engagement Program for certain contacts?

You could set up multiple Streams in the engagement program.
Stream 1 contains all the content
Stream 2 contains all the content except the email that leads to the whitepaper in questions.

Then when assigning leads to the engagement program you send the ones who have visited the whitepaper page/filled out the whitepaper form already to Stream 2 and everyone else to Stream 1?

You can also include a transition rule in Stream 2 to pull any leads from Stream 1 who have visited the whitepaper page/filled out the whitepaper form at a later stage in the cadence.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to suppress certain emails in an Engagement Program for certain contacts?

Hey Cathal,

thanks for that idea! Unfortunately, we already have 7 streams in that program and your proposal would double that. Not exactly lean. 😉

I guess what I'm looking for at the moment is an "Add choice" option on every email in a stream. But if I can't have that, your option might be the way to go.

Best,
Michael
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the case where using programs in the engagement streams will solve your problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl, I have this similar situation, how would I structure the program within the engagement program to suppress people who have already filled out the whitepaper form from receiving the whitepaper email in the stream?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kris,

You will have to use nested regular programs in the engagement program. This is the only way to provide this kind of logic.

See this Article from Robb Barrett PRD​ here: Length Matters: Engagement Programs that Don't Finish Too Quickly...

And vote here:

-Greg