SOLVED

How to stop a large import into a static list?

Go to solution
Zoe_Forman
Level 7 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

How to stop a large import into a static list?

The import is running but I see that below the rows I need, after a gap or a hundred rows  there are values in one column reaching over 87,000

I have tried to delete the list but says I need to stop the import - but how?

There are 500 rows of data I need.
Tried refreshing, and changing the browser, any suggestions or just let it run it's course over night?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: How to stop a large import into a static list?

You can just cancel the list import process by clicking the x Stop in the list import process dialog (snapshot below).

Darshil_Shah1_0-1685988147713.png

if you don't see the status dialog box, just click on List Actions dropdown > Show Import Status to get the list import status dialog on your screen (snapshot below), and then hit on x Stop to suspend the list import process. You should be able to delete the list after that.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1685988303843.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

You can just cancel the list import process by clicking the x Stop in the list import process dialog (snapshot below).

Darshil_Shah1_0-1685988147713.png

if you don't see the status dialog box, just click on List Actions dropdown > Show Import Status to get the list import status dialog on your screen (snapshot below), and then hit on x Stop to suspend the list import process. You should be able to delete the list after that.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1685988303843.png

Zoe_Forman

I forgot to add that I was in Sandbox, and none of the options you suggest were available to me, which is how I would do this in the main platform.

It did run its course overnight, and I have been able to delete the list .

Lesson learnt scroll down and check files when handed over!  Hidden rows of copied value.

Darshil_Shah1

@Zoe_Forman wrote:

I forgot to add that I was in Sandbox, and none of the options you suggest were available to me, which is how I would do this in the main platform.

Interesting! The snapshots that I added in my previous comment are from a test sandbox instance only, and I always see all the options in the List Actions in it.

Zoe_Forman

Thanks, I assumed that Sandbox didn't have the full functions of the production platform, I guess it was a glitchy moment or sandbox was overwhelmed with 87,000 rows! 

Next time I will add screenshots to show I had no options.

All sorted now 😀