How to stagger an engagement program

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

How to stagger an engagement program

I'm fairly new to Marketo and am building my first engagement program. I have a large list I'm sending to and want to stagger the sends into different groups with a few days between, but I'm not sure how to achieve the goal.

My program is set to send an email every three weeks, but I don't want to have to wait until the next cast (in three weeks) before adding a new group of leads to the program. Is this possible to do with a single stream and a single engagement program? Or would I need to clone the entire program for each group I want to send out?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to stagger an engagement program

Matt,

I'd check out some of my slides on these:

http://www.marketingrockstargudies.com and look for "engagement"

The beauty of the Engagement is you can add new people any time, but each new lead starts at the top of the Stream. All you need to do is run the entry campaign again (or a new one) and say "Add to Engagement, Stream 1" The cast only deals with leads already in the system.The new group wouldn't receive the first email until the next Cast.

Now if you meant that you wanted each new group to receive the first email now, and then wait 3 weeks, then I believe you need to have a separate stream or Program. 
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Hi Josh,

Unfortunately, I was looking for a way to have the new group receive the first email as soon as I add them and not wait for the next cast. So it sounds like without the ability to add additional streams (I'm on standard), I'll have to clone the entire engagement program for each group?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Then maybe a two step process:

enter Program 1 and send Email 1
then push over to Engagement Program.
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

That could work... essentially the engagement program would become Email 2 on. So I would stagger all of my groups through the first email and add to the engagement program after, then once the next cast came up, the entire list would receive Email 2 at the same time?

So the staggering would only work for the first email and then upon the next cast all groups that had been added, regardless of when they were added, would receive the next email at the same time?