How to skip leads from receiving one email in engagement stream?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to skip leads from receiving one email in engagement stream?

I'm looking for leads to skip one email in the engagement stream but not the rest of the emails. 

Basically, they have already received a clone of this email in another program so we don't want them to receive the the same messaging again. They should receive all of the other content in the stream though.

All of these leads are currently exhausted from the stream, so I'm wondering if we add this email to the second to last email in the series if they would still receive it -- meaning does marketo know to send them the email since it is new to the stream or will they only receive it if it is the last email in the steam. 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to skip leads from receiving one email in engagement stream?

Just keep that email paused (grayed out).

If you add the email, Marketo will try to send it out regardless of its location in the list. It won't know that some people shouldn't get it.

What you could also try is create a separate program with that email, add the Program to the Stream, and let that run. The difference is that in your Program's Engagement kickstarter, you tell it to NOT include people who already received the email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh. If I put "not sent email" in the smart list - it will take them out of receiving other emails in the stream too. We want to kepe them in the stream so that if we add more content in the future, they will receive it.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No, that will not happen. It will only exclude people during that Cast because of the Program's conditions.