SOLVED

How to setup FT, MT and Last Touch for new instance?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to setup FT, MT and Last Touch for new instance?

Hi

I would like to setup the FT, MT and Last Touch for new instance and I have also gone through with couple of discussions about attribution, which are pretty much helpful!
But still I would like to know the best practices to setup the FT, MT and Last Touch in the new instance.

I knew this kind of questions repeated many times, but still it would be great if I get the best practices to setup FT, MT and Last Touch!

Thanks,

Avinash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Re: How to setup FT, MT and Last Touch for new instance?

Hi Avinash!

I wrote up this post at the beginning of the year detailing this kind of setup, you can find it here: First, Last and Multi Touch attribution for UTM parameters and auto tagging emails

Also if you check the comments Dan Stevens​ had some good additions to clearing the fields for more accurate multitouch datalogging, if you search on "UTM History field"

Hope this helps!

Best,

Erik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Hi Avinash!

I wrote up this post at the beginning of the year detailing this kind of setup, you can find it here: First, Last and Multi Touch attribution for UTM parameters and auto tagging emails

Also if you check the comments Dan Stevens​ had some good additions to clearing the fields for more accurate multitouch datalogging, if you search on "UTM History field"

Hope this helps!

Best,

Erik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Erik!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

Does Morketo automatically captures the Program Success date for MT?

Why Program Success date is required for both MT and FT?

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Hmm for program success date you can basically trigger on the Program Status updating and Success is true with a Flow Step for Change Data Value with a datestamp, i.e {{system.dateTime}} or {{sysem.date}}, although you would probably need to apply this kind of logic manually as there's a risk it will be complex if applied globally.

pastedImage_0.png

As you can see you can add the constraint Success: true but there's not a way of saying Previous success was false (to apply this globally), so the way I see it is if you have a cloneable program template you can add this type of smart campaign to trigger once and use it in your MT field with {{program.Name}} to register success, program name, and date wherever you wish.