Re: How to set trade show name in interesting moment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to set trade show name in interesting moment?

We store the trade show name in a comment field, how can this field be included in a trade show name? What I need to do is have the interesting moment say "Visited booth at the trade show {{trade show name}}". Any help would be appreciated.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Jason, if you're just looking to do this going forward, you can create a flow step that will add an interesting moment to all of your records who attend a tradeshow. For something like this, we usually tokenize our campaigns, so we'd have a My Token that would be {{my.Tradeshow name}} and that can be added to the interesting moment, the comment field you referenced, and many other places you might want to easily use this name.

If you want to do it retroactively, I'd make a smart campaign of anyone who has x tradeshow in their comments section, and then the flow step would be to add an interesting moment for them. One downside to doing this retroactively is that the date will be now (or whenever you run the campaign) as opposed to when it actually happened. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. The problem with this approach is that a token has to be created for each trade show (and webinar event, and awareness meeting, etc.), so this is not as scalable as I'd like (and maybe it can't be). I was hoping to leverage the value in the comment field to pass over to the interesting moment, but this doesn't sound possible.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,
We use the same process as Dory, only we use the name of the sponsorship as part of the program name and then fill in the program name in the token. Then the token value changes when you clone the program. Then you don't have to change the value of the token every time.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Ah, I see. I don't know if you'd be able to leverage that information to create an interesting moment with the same information as the comments field. We have template programs that we clone for all of our events, and upon list import it triggers to write the event name, interesting moment, etc... The tokens make for easy work with setting each of these programs up. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about just getting the program name to show up in the interesting moment? I have used this so far for when a lead downloads a gated whitepaper:

Downloaded {{trigger.name}}

But nothing shows up for the trigger. I'm guessing it is because my trigger for this particular Interesting Moment is Request Campaign. All my other IMs are set up to trigger on status change or the like, but that won't work for downloading a gated whitepaper because their status only changes to Content - Engaged which is really general and we use for other forms of content as well.

Is there another token I could use that would populate the program name? Maybe {{program.name}}? I can't find a list of tokens that I remember referencing back in the old community. If anyone can help answer my question or point me to that or a similar document, it'd be much appreciated!