Re: How to set stream cadence on last day of the month and only on weekday.

Naveen_Kumar
Level 2

How to set stream cadence on last day of the month and only on weekday.

Hi Team,

could you please help me how to set stream cadence in Engagement program on Last day of every month but cadence should not fall under weekends(Sat,sun).

I see option in engagement program stream that Day of the month and i selected as Last Day of the month but there is no option to restrict future cadence will be only on Weekdays.

Thanks in Advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Naveen,

You would need a "Last Working Day of the Month (M-F)" option. It does not exist I am afraid that will not be possible.

Enter the idea and we will vote

What you can do is use a sub program and a smart campaign that you would call on the 20th of the month. This smart campaign would have wait until a date token using a field that you would compute using a webhook. Not simple, but it would work.

-Greg

Naveen_Kumar
Level 2

Thanks Greg.

i will enter the idea.

Kevin_Delgado1
Level 2

Last day of the month already exist in the stream cadence, have it run early (reasons for this mentioned below)

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 7.12.52 AM.png

Use a smart campaign when sending and add a "Wait Step" to wait 1 hour(I chose wait to be safe that everyone is in the wait step) and to send at 7 am. You can edit timeframes as you please. The "Must End" will force it to execute on a Monday - Friday even if the engagement triggered on Saturday or Sunday, it will wait until Monday and then send the email. If it triggered on a weekday, it will send that day at the specified time.

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 7.15.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 7.12.24 AM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

But if the last of the month is a Saturday, your email will be sent on the following month

-Greg

Kevin_Delgado1
Level 2

Greg is right, unfortunately it will go the following month if the last day is a Saturday or Sunday. If you put up the idea as Greg suggested, let us know, I'll vote it up. Hope my suggestions is useful though, at least until Marketo creates the feature (fingers crossed).