How to see the Marketo form conversion if I am not using Marketo LP?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to see the Marketo form conversion if I am not using Marketo LP?

Hi There,

I am having a problem with Marketo form reports. Marketo doesn't provide a report based on form. How I can see how many folks has visited the registration form and how many of them have fill out the form if I have embedded the Marketo form on my website. The problems is that Marketo only provides the Landing page performance report and this is only for Marketo Landing page. There should be another report called web-from performance report. I am sure someone else has also faced the same problem. Could you please share how you overcome this problem?

I may need to change the way of embedding the forms on web-site. I may need to use i-frames instead of embedded code?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to see the Marketo form conversion if I am not using Marketo LP?

Hi there

You should try using a program and program statuses to track the conversions from your form. Program statuses allow you to customise how you measure success of any type of marketing campaign. So in this case, its a Web Form, where your measure of success is form conversion.

So you'll want to start out by creating a Channel for Web Forms (if one isn't already available).  You can set this up in the Admin section, under Tags. Here you'll be able to see a list of the available channels. If you don't already have a Web Form channel or something similar you can use, you can create one as shown below.

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 9.38.17 PM.png

Once you've done that, create a new program in the Marketing Activities section, using the channel you've created.  And use a Smart Campaign to update the program status whenever anyone fills in the form. The smart campaign should include the steps below:

Smart List - Fills out form = [embedded form name] (Trigger)

Flow Step - Change Program Status to Filled out Form

You'll be able to view the results of your form conversions then either by using a Program Performance report, or by viewing the Summary page on the program itself.

Hope that helps!

Bronwen

Julz_James
Level 10

The easiest way would be to set up a Smart List, and the filers are:

Fills out form: List for Form name

Web Page: Fill in the URL where your form is embedded (don't forget to remove the 'http://' bit).

This will give you a live report of who has  filled out that form on that specific page.  We do this as we embed a lot of forms on website pages,  and this is how we track and report.

Hope this helps?

Juli

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right WaveRight Wave​ FYI. I moved your post to the Products and Support​ section of the site.

Also, I see you have two profiles on the site. Can you add 'Primary' in the title field of your primary account so we know how best to communicate with you, if we need to. See my profile as an example. Thanks!

Scott