How To Retain More Customers By Giving Them Subscription Options

Anonymous
Not applicable

How To Retain More Customers By Giving Them Subscription Options

Check out a blog I wrote about the need for subscription options. 
I would love to hear your feedback & experiences. 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How To Retain More Customers By Giving Them Subscription Options

Looks great Jennifer. I've written a few posts on this topic at marketingrockstarguides.com. Definitely something you should do as soon as Marketo deploys.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I checked it out Jennifer and very useful information.  I've been using Marketo for a year and half and I can't believe I'm just building the subscription preference page now.  We recently got our Events department on board with Marketo and now I have better idea of the different types of emails that we send out and how frequent.  Where I got stuck is do I even include paid subscription information as part of the choices, or the value added publication emails? Do I even list all of our events types or product offerings.  So I'm simplifying it.  Only blog, video/podcast, web announcements, product alerts, events, advertising, and sponsorship information will be included. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it helped Michelle. 
I would keep choices fairly high level. Think about it from a users perspective, and try to bucket them into like items. It makes sense to have things like promotions, events, newsletters, and product marketing separate. You can always add a description underneath that explains what signing up to them would mean. Things like topics, frequency and examples. 

Good luck!