SOLVED

How to Remove an Email from a Sent Campaign?

Go to solution
Catzilla
Level 2

How to Remove an Email from a Sent Campaign?

Hi all,

I'm trying to clean up our Design Studio of old logos and such, but I'm running into a specific problem. When a logo is "Used By" an email, I want to unapprove the email in order to delete the logo. However, when an email's been sent through an Email Campaign program, I can't unapprove the email. It seems that because the email is set up in the control panel of the Email Campaign, and cannot be removed, I can't unapprove it. Has anyone run into this? It's so nitpicky but it's really bugging me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshleighMo
Level 4

Re: How to Remove an Email from a Sent Campaign?

To my knowledge the only option to remove the email would be to delete out the program. However, you then lose all historical data for that program so I would not recommend this. 

Instead, create an archive folder in design studio and you can move any outdated files/images to that folder so that they are excluded from search. Another good option for the future could be overwriting old image assets if you no longer have a use for the old images (Such as old logos). You can "replace image or file" with a new one and then you don't have extra assets hanging out. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AshleighMo
Level 4

To my knowledge the only option to remove the email would be to delete out the program. However, you then lose all historical data for that program so I would not recommend this. 

Instead, create an archive folder in design studio and you can move any outdated files/images to that folder so that they are excluded from search. Another good option for the future could be overwriting old image assets if you no longer have a use for the old images (Such as old logos). You can "replace image or file" with a new one and then you don't have extra assets hanging out. 

Catzilla
Level 2

Yes, that's what I suspected. 

In this case I'll likely overwrite the old file and make sure that others use that file. We didn't always have good control over our Design Studio, so someone added the new logo as "[Company]-new-logo" and we've used that since. Might be time to do an aggressive clean out. I like your suggestion of creating one archive folder for all outdated images. 

Thank you!