Re: How to push multiple session attendee data into Marketo program via custom object?

rohanpat
Level 2

How to push multiple session attendee data into Marketo program via custom object?

Hi All,

We use Cvent as our event registration platform. The integration is in place however, we are struggling to get the attendee information for multiple sessions in Marketo. 

Can you advise if we can use custom objects to pull that information from Cvent and how?

Thank you,

Rohan

6 REPLIES 6
Oz_Platero
Level 6

Re: How to push multiple session attendee data into Marketo program via custom object?

Hello @rohanpat ,

Yes you will need to see the CVENT integration documentation in order to leverage API calls into Marketo custom objects in order to track different sessions and attendance for each session WITHIN an event.

The CVENT documentation will walk you through permissions needs, setting up Marketo Custom object, etc.

Start here and then read each sub section:

https://developers.cvent.com/sync-your-events-sessions-with-marketo/

https://developers.cvent.com/doc/marketo/#2016 

rohanpat
Level 2

Thank you @Oz_Platero 

-Rohan

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@rohanpat ,

I don't quite understand your use case.

Can you detail it out a bit further for me?

Cheers

Jo

rohanpat
Level 2

Re: How to push multiple session attendee data from Cvent into Marketo via custom objects?

Jo,

Thanks for the reply.  Apologies if I wasn't clear earlier. The background is, that we run a very high number of events and webinars. Most of these events have multiple sessions or tracks in them. Now Cvent pushes us the attendee data for the entire event but we want to drill down further and see which tracks they attended.

Ex. Event_ North America

1) Track 1

2) Track 2

3) Track 3

So we wanted to check if anyone has come across an arrangement where the session/track attendee information is passed in the custom objects in the contact record.

For example, if Mark David attended the Event_ North America then I should be able to go to Mark's contact record and see which track he attended for Event_ North America.

Hope this is helpful. 

Best Regards,

Rohan

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: How to push multiple session attendee data from Cvent into Marketo via custom objects?

@rohanpat ,

gotcha.  I've not used Cvent so I can't speak from firsthand experience.

Do they push all the data about the tracks attended to you in any form?  Alternatively, is there an API call you can make to Cvent to get this info.  

Cheers

Jo

rohanpat
Level 2

Thanks @Jo_Pitts1 - I am exploring the documentation on the integration and will post here if I get any further information on this topic.

-Rohan