How to Pause a Lead in ALL Engagement Programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Pause a Lead in ALL Engagement Programs

Is anyone aware of a method for setting a lead's cadence to "Paused" for ALL engagement programs they are a member of, without having to specify each one? 

I have built a custom field in Salesforce which is intended to allow our reps to turn Nurturing "On" or "Off". When the data value changes to "Nurturing Off", I want to pause the lead in all Engagement programs, and then allow them to restart when the data value changes back to On. 

Challenge I am finding is that the Change Engagement Program Cadence flow step only allows you to select named programs -- I was hoping there would be something like a "Is any" option. 

So to make this work I would need to come back and continually update this list as new programs are created (boo). 

Any other ideas around this? 

I have thought of just using Marketing Suspended, but I am not clear then if the lead will simply be skipped over for casts in Engagement Programs thereby missing content. Ideally they will be paused and then restart where they left off. 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: How to Pause a Lead in ALL Engagement Programs

Hey Justin,

There's no functionality to pause the cadence for all programs.  Your idea to use Marketting Suspended is sound however, as the lead will not have any content sent during the cast, so it will not exhaust any content from the program.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Pause a Lead in ALL Engagement Programs

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks for the response. So if I understand it right, a lead with Marketing Suspended will not receive the email, and then when Marketing Suspended is changed back to false, they will continue on in the program where they left off automatically? 

(assuming cadence remains "Normal" the whole time)

Thanks