SOLVED

Re: How to NOT dedupe email addresses from an email blast?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to NOT dedupe email addresses from an email blast?

Hi - I am trying to send an email campaign to a list where some customers have multiple websites with us, so customers will need to receive one email per website they have with us.  However, Marketo automatically dedupes by email address, which results in a customer only receiving one of several emails they need to receive.

How do I get Marketo to NOT dedupe by email address?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jamie Heinz​, this seems like an interesting challenge.

As you noted, Marketo de-dupes on email address. It is possible create purposeful duplicates in SFDC, but then this is more for managing sales/lead interactions and I believe should not result in leads receiving duplicate emails. The threads I have read seem to indicate Marketo will suppress this consistently.

I wonder whether you should be asking a different question. Perhaps it isn't, "how can I send multiple emails to the same email address?" but rather, "how should we manage customers who have multiple websites?"

Would it be possible to store these websites in a custom object for example, so you have a one-to-many relationship between leads and websites. Then you could pull in the list of relevant websites using an email script token and send one email that covers all the customer's properties with you. Perhaps your current system config doesn't allow that but just wondering if you have considered ways to consolidate.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jamie Heinz​, this seems like an interesting challenge.

As you noted, Marketo de-dupes on email address. It is possible create purposeful duplicates in SFDC, but then this is more for managing sales/lead interactions and I believe should not result in leads receiving duplicate emails. The threads I have read seem to indicate Marketo will suppress this consistently.

I wonder whether you should be asking a different question. Perhaps it isn't, "how can I send multiple emails to the same email address?" but rather, "how should we manage customers who have multiple websites?"

Would it be possible to store these websites in a custom object for example, so you have a one-to-many relationship between leads and websites. Then you could pull in the list of relevant websites using an email script token and send one email that covers all the customer's properties with you. Perhaps your current system config doesn't allow that but just wondering if you have considered ways to consolidate.