How to Migrate to New Site and Test Development Domain

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Migrate to New Site and Test Development Domain

First, I apologize if this question is convoluted or if it's been answered elsewhere.

We are redesigning our site and moving from Umbraco to WordPress. The domain will be the same for the new site, so it seems like setup in Marketo will be pretty seemless, other than ensuring the munchkin script is installed. However, I'd like to see that everything is functioning correctly on the beta site (dev.domain.com) prior to launching. Would I install the munchkin, set up dev.domain.com in Marketo, and then create a test campaign?

I wasn't on board when we started with Marketo, so my familiarity with initial setup is pretty minimal.

Thanks in advance for any help and insight.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How to Migrate to New Site and Test Development Domain

Hi Phil,

I gather that dev.domain.com is in the same domain that your site (www.domain.com). If so, the only thing you need to do is to add the munchkin code to you dev site. then you will be able to create smart lists with leads on the filter "visited web page Contains dev.domain.com". As everything is in the same domain, it will work seamlessly.

Hope this helps,

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to Migrate to New Site and Test Development Domain

Yes, this will be fine.

As long as the main domain isn't changing, there is nothing else for you to do here. There should be initial setup docs at docs.marketo.com if you look up landing pages or "cname"