Re: How to link my form to the SOAP API files I uploaded

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to link my form to the SOAP API files I uploaded

I am working on a project where I have a Marketo form that I am trying to do see if the email address is already in the system.  I am using the SOAP PHP API and created thre PHP files according to the documentation and a tutorial

Here's the linkhttp://ahmeddirie.com/technology/web-development/submitting-leads-to-marketos-soap-api-using-php/

1.  I uploaded the php files to the Design Studio and am trying to figure out how to get the "action" in the Marketo form to refer to those instead of the default action.  I can't find where to do that.

2.  I tried to hard code my own form and then put the url to my php file, but all that did was tell my browser to download the file and not run it.

3.  I tried to use Javascript to override the form's action, but the override code sits below the form.  Is that a problem, or better yet, if that was fixed would it even fix the problem of not working.

I know what needs to get done, but I just don't know how to execute it within the Marketo system.  I just started using it.  I am also in a bit of a time crunch, so I was wondering if anybody had some ideas or suggestions.  I am sure it is something simple.

Thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Revenue S
You cannot override the default action of the Marketo form handler by uploading PHP files into the system.  Instead, you will have to have a system that hosts the form, captures the values, does the validation and then send the captured information into Marketo using the SOAP API.  There are also some Javascript tricks that you can use with Marketo forms like the ones described at http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KysHCAS

Raj
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or you can also do as Raj details but instead of using SOAP API to push the lead data to Marketo, you can make a server side post call to Marketo as detailed here.  Using this method will also get you a Form Fill Out activity you can trigger off of.