Re: how to link a salesforce field in marketo

Serge_Lamarche
Level 2

Hi Justin,
Okay. One more question. Apparently, when I create new fields in SFDC, these fields do not show up in marketo. Someone else said that the sync has to be turned down to allow marketo to pick up the new fields. Do you know the full procedure to let marketo have all new fields, and is there a way to select the fields picked up?
thanks,
Serge.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as your integration user has visibility on the new field, it should appear in Marketo automatically within 5 minutes or so. It always works that way for me! 
Serge_Lamarche
Level 2

Hi Justin,
I made a little test. I changed the label name of the status field to xstatus in SFDC. In marketo, I went in admin > integration > saleforce > object sync and chose passenger object and looked at the field. The field is type formula text. After I resync the object, the field name is updated as xstatus. So far so good. But when I try to use it in a smart list, the value of the field is inaccurate. How can it have a value that is wrong since the field itself is a formula? Does it just takes the value at creation and then never updates it? This would make the field useless in marketo.
thanks,
Serge.