SOLVED

Re: How to identify marketing-influenced opportunities?

Go to solution
Marc_Asmus
Level 3

How to identify marketing-influenced opportunities?

My CMO has asked for a list of all won opportunities influenced by marketing from the last year. Is there a way to source this via Marketo?

• I'm thinking of "marketing-influenced" as: a person with contact role on opportunity reached "success" on a program before the opportunity closed. 
  • We're synced with Salesforce
  • We have the Performance Insights module. I know I can get a the number of Multi-Touch opportunities from here, but I'm interested in identifying the specific opportunities that make up that figure.

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marc_Asmus
Level 3

Thanks for the reply, @Floyd_Alvares2!

I really like the Opportunity Influence Analyzer for showing marketing's influence on one specific opportunity. But, like you've said it doesn't help identify all the opportunities marketing has influenced. 

For any one else who reads this... as a next-best option, I've used a Salesforce 'Campaigns with Influenced Opportunities' report with filters for:

• Opportunity.Won = True
  • Member Info.Responded = True

I believe this returned a list of opportunities where contact roles reached success on a Marketo program before the opportunity closed. Using this assumes 1) contacts are tied to opportunities via contact roles and 2) all of your Marketo programs are synced to Salesforce. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hey @Marc_Asmus 

Not a full solution, but there is the Opportunity Influencer Report: Tell the Marketing Story with an Opportunity Influence Analyzer | Adobe Marketo 

Unfortunately this only provides marketing influences based on a single account/opportunity.

Hope this helps

Floyd

Marc_Asmus
Level 3

Thanks for the reply, @Floyd_Alvares2!

I really like the Opportunity Influence Analyzer for showing marketing's influence on one specific opportunity. But, like you've said it doesn't help identify all the opportunities marketing has influenced. 

For any one else who reads this... as a next-best option, I've used a Salesforce 'Campaigns with Influenced Opportunities' report with filters for:

• Opportunity.Won = True
  • Member Info.Responded = True

I believe this returned a list of opportunities where contact roles reached success on a Marketo program before the opportunity closed. Using this assumes 1) contacts are tied to opportunities via contact roles and 2) all of your Marketo programs are synced to Salesforce.