How to identify all forms using a specified field?

Lauren_Lord
Level 2

How to identify all forms using a specified field?

Hi Marketo Community!

I'm wondering if there is a simple way to identify/pull a list of forms in use that use a specified field.

I'm trying to change every form that asks for Job Title to Job Function, as we have updated and standardized our list of job functions and now want to use this value instead when mapping over to Salesforce.

Unfortunately, due to bad practices by previous users, we have 243 active forms. PLEASE HELP!

Also, I would love any tips you can provide on how to narrow down this list of 243 forms, to a handful of global forms.

Thank you in advance!

Mick Warner

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to identify all forms using a specified field?

I'm wondering if there is a simple way to identify/pull a list of forms in use that use a specified field.

Alas, no -- not without using the API, that is. If you are or have a developer, it's simple-ish.

Augie_Kuron
Level 2

Hi Lauren,

Have you gone to Field Management in Admin and looked up the field for Job Title? This will show you every asset the field Job Title is used by. You can then pick out the forms from there that are using the Job Title field.

As for changing out the field on all of the forms from Job Title to Job Function - you'd need to do that manually on each form. Unless you go the API route, as Sanford mentioned, to complete this in bulk.

Lauren_Lord
Level 2

Ah, yes of course!

Thanks very much!