How to hide leads/contacts that don't have email from Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to hide leads/contacts that don't have email from Marketo

We have a lot of contacts/leads globally that don't have email addresses and we want those records to just be in Salesforce and not float over to Marketo, till they have an email address, is there anyway we can do that.
I read through some of the previous discussions on hiding fields, etc. but that won't solve our need. We only want those leads that don't have email in SF to not get created in Marketo unless the email field gets filled out.

We can't be doing data appending, because data appending companies don't have records for the kind of market we are in, and also these leads are global, a lot of them from the Asian Region.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to hide leads/contacts that don't have email from Marketo

Please setup your SFDC Marketo User to NOT see leads w/o email address.

You will still need to dedupe either way because leads w/o email aren't deduped and leads from SFDC inbound aren't deduped.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Not worried about the dedupe (We have demand tools that merges duplicates in the background), so I would set up the SFDC Marketo User in Salesforce to Not see leads w/o email address?

I am not totally sure how I would do that? Could you explain the steps in a little more detail.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sanaa,

You should ask your SFDC Admin for help with this. Essentially you modify the user's profile to only have access to records with an email address.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh, I'll try that.