How to find which fields are mapped between Marketo and SFDC

Nelson_Cabrera
Level 2

How to find which fields are mapped between Marketo and SFDC

So I was surprised to hear that there is no easy way to determine which Marketo Fields are mapped to which SFDC fields. We did an initial sync about a year ago and we didn't like the results so we turned off the sync right away. We are ready to try again but I need to know which fields are mapped. Here is what i have done.

- using admin rights I went to field management and I exported the mapping. However, I was warned that this mapping information is just a snap shot of your initial sync and if you made any changes since then those would not be reflected. I think this is ok for me since we turned the sync off right after our initial sync and haven't made any changes

- I also read about an app in the SFDC app exchange store called "Field Trip" but that sounds more like analyzing field utilization within SFDC and not sure how it helps with identifying field mapping. If anyone has used this I would like to hear your feedback

As always any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to find which fields are mapped between Marketo and SFDC

The field mapping is probably the best place in the UI but you are right that it is a one time snapshot taken at initial sync.
The field management section will tell you to which SFDC field a Markeot field is mapped but only on a one at a time basis so might not be ideal for this.

I'd recommend reaching out to support who should have access to a tool that shows your complete mapping per object with field types and field names etc. . They should be able to send you a copy of that.