SOLVED

How To: Edit any email or page after it's been approved and referenced in a campaign

Go to solution
TK9
Level 2
Level 2

How To: Edit any email or page after it's been approved and referenced in a campaign

Did Marketo modify its approval process for local and global assets? Previously, you could edit an asset even if it was being used in a live smart campaign or batch campaign. However, it appears that the current process requires no "Flow" reference to the asset before you can unapprove it. This change has made the process more difficult for our team. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: How To: Edit any email or page after it's been approved and referenced in a campaign

Well, you cannot unapprove the asset as long as it isn't being referenced at places (flows, etc.). AFAICT, it has always been like that. To clarify, you can edit (i.e., you can create a draft) without having to remove it from the places where it's being referenced. Marketo would keep using the approved version unless you don't approve the draft.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: How To: Edit any email or page after it's been approved and referenced in a campaign

Well, you cannot unapprove the asset as long as it isn't being referenced at places (flows, etc.). AFAICT, it has always been like that. To clarify, you can edit (i.e., you can create a draft) without having to remove it from the places where it's being referenced. Marketo would keep using the approved version unless you don't approve the draft.

TK9
Level 2
Level 2

Darshil,

Thank you for your response. I realized I was getting the functions of "unapproved" & "create draft" confused. I now see what you're referring too in our instance. Thank you!