SOLVED

How to Do Deliverability Setup when We Use Gmail for Corporate Domain

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Do Deliverability Setup when We Use Gmail for Corporate Domain

Hi all,I've been a Marketo user many times before but my latest company is a bit different. We use gmail for our corporate email (even though the domain is the same as our main website). My dev team is saying that they don't know to do the email deliverability (whitelist, etc.) part of the setup checklist because of the way our email is configured. Help!

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to Do Deliverability Setup when We Use Gmail for Corporate Domain

Adding the DKIM record for Marketo is the same as it would be for any domain.  Your IT needs to have control of your DNS, of course, but this is unrelated to to your use of Gmail.

Adding the SPF include for Marketo is also the same: you add it to your existing SPF record, which presumably already lists the Gmail records.  But if you don't have the branded sender add-on to your Marketo account, you don't even need to do this at all.

I don't agree that whitelisting Marketo's IPs is a best practice.  In fact I think it is a worst practice especially for a provider as significant as Gmail, where you will want to see if mail is caught as spam or not.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to Do Deliverability Setup when We Use Gmail for Corporate Domain

Adding the DKIM record for Marketo is the same as it would be for any domain.  Your IT needs to have control of your DNS, of course, but this is unrelated to to your use of Gmail.

Adding the SPF include for Marketo is also the same: you add it to your existing SPF record, which presumably already lists the Gmail records.  But if you don't have the branded sender add-on to your Marketo account, you don't even need to do this at all.

I don't agree that whitelisting Marketo's IPs is a best practice.  In fact I think it is a worst practice especially for a provider as significant as Gmail, where you will want to see if mail is caught as spam or not.