Re: How to determine if record is not already in Salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to determine if record is not already in Salesforce?

How do I setup a smartlist trigger so that any new lead that comes in, it will check to make sure it isnt already in SF?  I get new leads from our website, salesforce and event partner, but I want to make sure I'm not altering something if it comes from SF.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a lead comes in from a source other than SalesForce, Marketo will automatically search for a pre-existing record using email address as the unique identifier. If it finds one, no new lead will be created. Information may be altered on that pre-existing lead if you dont block field updates from various sources.

If no match on email address is found, a new Marketo lead will be created. If you want that lead in SalesForce, you have to set up smart campaigns to push it there.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then how do you determine if the source is SF?  I had setup a trigger that said anything from salesforce.com to ignore, but it didnt push any new leads to SF.  Once i removed that it worked, but new leads from SF also were updated.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not fully clear on what you're trying to accomplish, but check the "Original Source" field. It will tell you which leads were created in Marketo from SalesForce.com.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clarification: The field is "Original Source Type" and the value will say salesforce.com.