SOLVED

How to delete a cloned email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to delete a cloned email?

Piggybacking onto my (answered) question yesterday about cloning programs/smart lists....if I'm cloning a program for its smart list, how do I delete the email message if it's not the one I want to use?   It appears that because the clone comes over as "approved" and "in use", I can't delete it or move it.  I'm going to be using a different email (clone).  Would be nice not to have two approved emails in here.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: How to delete a cloned email?

The cloned asset isn't getting pulled by the original Program it was created for; however, if you cloned the entire Program, it will be pulled by the local-to-that-Program campaigns and will have to be removed from those if you want to delete it, as a result. The original email will remain.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nancy,

Right click it and select "un-approve email". Then right click again and delete it.

But is the email is in use, you will not be allowed to un-approve it. In this case, you will have to go the smart lists and smart campaign where it is used and remove it from there first.

-Greg

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

What Greg said. You'll have to remove it from the campaigns where it's being used, then approve the email and delete.

You can see where an email is being used by clicking on it and viewing the "Used By" tab:

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 10.27.41 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not want to delete it from the program it was created for.  Why can't the clone be deleted, or at rthe very least, deactivated?   That makes no sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, deleting cloned assets has always been an annoying mystery to me

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

The cloned asset isn't getting pulled by the original Program it was created for; however, if you cloned the entire Program, it will be pulled by the local-to-that-Program campaigns and will have to be removed from those if you want to delete it, as a result. The original email will remain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I get it now -- once I cloned the *correct* email I wanted to use into this program, inspected, detected, and selected it, I was then able to un-approve and delete the cloned (incorrect) email.   Thanks!