SOLVED

How to create programs for Tradeshow held on different places

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create programs for Tradeshow held on different places

Hi All,

It would be great help if I can get any tips:

As treadeshows that will be held on several diffrent places, I'm not sure which way is better.
   1) To create a tradeshow program for each
        eg.  TS - 20150217 - AAA - venue_a (program)
              TS - 20150219 - AAA - venue_b (program)
              TS - 20150221 - AAA - venue_c (program)
   2) To create only one tradeshow program and place a folder for each
        eg.  TS - 20150217 - AAA (program)
                     venue_a (folder)

venue_b (folder)
                     venue_c (folder)

Considering deataild reports, (1) would be better but there would be toomany programs to manage......
Plus, considering use of Marketing Calendar, (1) is better since each tradeshow is held on diffrent dates.

Somebody tells me the best practice!!!!

Tad 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to create programs for Tradeshow held on different places

Hi Tad,

In general, we always use a different program for every event.  This helps us track registrants and people who attended our booth for each individual show.  This will also be easier to set up default reports and find the specific data you're looking for.

I would recommend creating a shell program with the basic campaigns/assets that you will need for each tradeshow, and cloning it and editing it for each tradeshow.  Perhaps you can organize them in folders by month and year if you have very many, and archive them once they get older to clean up search results.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tad,

In general, we always use a different program for every event.  This helps us track registrants and people who attended our booth for each individual show.  This will also be easier to set up default reports and find the specific data you're looking for.

I would recommend creating a shell program with the basic campaigns/assets that you will need for each tradeshow, and cloning it and editing it for each tradeshow.  Perhaps you can organize them in folders by month and year if you have very many, and archive them once they get older to clean up search results.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Laura

Thanks fory your quick response.
I will follow your advice.

Plus, I realized that folders, unlike programs, can't be cloned in the first place and so the above (2) is not
effecient way.

Thanks!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Laura.

Invest the time in a well-crafted program template and it will be very quick to deploy new ones. 

In particular, you can look at using program level tokens https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LJv6CAG so that you don't need to edit your assets and instead can just tweak a few token values. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Justin,

Thanks for your great help!