Re: How to create a lead record from Marketo.

Daniel_Coyne
Level 1

How to create a lead record from Marketo.

How would i create a lead for an individual who opened an email?

3 REPLIES 3
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Daniel,

If the lead was tracked as having opened an email in Marketo then a record would already have been created.

Can you give me some more detail on what you're seeing, and what you want to accomplish?  Are you trying to push leads to Salesforce?

If so, then you can use a smart campaign with a Sync Lead To SFDC flow step.  The smartlist for the campaign would be an Opens Email trigger (Orange Lightingbolt) or an Opened Email filter (Green Funnel).

John

Daniel_Coyne
Level 1

The individual opened an email that we had sent out. when i searched our CRM for this individual so that i could record activity, i could find neither the individual or the company that they are associated with. I'm trying to push leads from Marketo to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Ahhh, ok.

Marketo won't automatically push any leads to your crm, you would need to have a smart campaign set up to do so.

The first thing I would do is to look at the lead's entire activity history and make sure there hasn't been any failed sync attempts.  This would show up as a Sync to Microsoft Dynamics activity.  If you don't find any activity like that in the lead record, then they haven't ever been pushed over.

You can do this one of two ways.

1. Search the lead record in the Lead Database and then right click the lead's name to perform a single flow action.  The sync action would be under the Microsoft section of the right-click menu.

2. Set up a smart campaign with filters in the smart list that this lead (or any lead you want synced) will qualify for, and a Sync Lead to Microsoft Dynamics flow step in the flow.  This could be a trigger campaign to react to all leads in the future, or just a one time batch campaign.

If you're not able to get the lead to sync over after following these instructions, please feel free to open a case with support.

John