Re: How to code/optimize a landing page to show featured image on LinkedIn when sharing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to code/optimize a landing page to show featured image on LinkedIn when sharing?

My landing pages are not looking good when shared on Linkedin as it's not pulling the featured image correctly. I tested one of Marketos own landing pages and it had problems too. 

Is it possble to code it so that it can be shared like most other web pages?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to code/optimize a landing page to show featured image on LinkedIn when sharing?

What is the landing page's name and public URL?

The sttement " I tested one of Marketos own landing pages and it had problems too." suggests LinkedIn is just reflecting a design issue.

Small images look better on Linkedin's preview.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the URL for my landing page. The image is not small but it is showing up fine as a preview on Facebook and Google+. 

http://go.piqora.com/InstagramPhotoContestsGuideLP.html

Here's the Marketo landing page I tested. 

http://pages2.marketo.com/dg2-lead-generation-ty.html?utm_source=marketo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=na&mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRohvq%2FBd%2B%2FhmjTEU5z17%2BooX6%2BxhIkz2EFye%2BLIHETpodcMSsZrML%2FYDBceEJhqyQJxPr3AKtEN0sx6RhjhDw%3D%3D
Anonymous
Not applicable

The original image size is 700 x 1334 pixels. That is more than VGA resolution (1024) and may cause distortion in some engines even considering the landing page is setting smaller dimensions for that image

That is how facebook is displaying my preview:

0EM50000000RNog.jpg

The page source displays fairly standard code. It is likely Facebook and Google are previewing correctly for most images.  

A side note: please suppress the mkt_tok parameterswhen posting tracked links. That token is unique to one lead. Anyone else accessing that URL will be tracked as the original lead. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please note that for sites like LinkedIn they only refresh every 7 days. So updating to a new image, might only be visible after a few days.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Remy,

LinkedIn is notorious for this kind of thing.  It's best to abide by their guidelines here: https://developer.linkedin.com/documents/setting-display-tags-shares
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

I've had this problem, as well, and experimented with og tags.  This seemed to help, though you sometimes have to choose which social network you'd prefer it look best on.  It's an additional step and can be kind of a pain, but it does usually work.