SOLVED

How to best capture score at particular time (MQL)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to best capture score at particular time (MQL)

I want to analyze how score at time of MQL (based on lead status) correlates with Opportunity close rate. It makes sense that higher scores would close better, but I want to be able to prove that hypothesis, and potentially modify my lead score model based off the results.

What is the best way to approach this? Is this even possible if I don't have historical snapshot reporting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to best capture score at particular time (MQL)

Hey Gordon McCallum​ that is great that you are looking to capture score at important stages of a customer lifecycle!

Best practice, and standard practice is to create a field that timestamps a lead score at each time the lead is converted to the next staged.

First create a field called "Score at MQL", then set up a smart campaign:

Smart List: Data value changes --> Status New Value = MQL

Flow: change data value: Score at MQL = {{lead.Lead Score}}

That way you'll have the historical data.

It may be worth doing the same for when the lead is accepted, and qualified as well!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Gordon McCallum​ that is great that you are looking to capture score at important stages of a customer lifecycle!

Best practice, and standard practice is to create a field that timestamps a lead score at each time the lead is converted to the next staged.

First create a field called "Score at MQL", then set up a smart campaign:

Smart List: Data value changes --> Status New Value = MQL

Flow: change data value: Score at MQL = {{lead.Lead Score}}

That way you'll have the historical data.

It may be worth doing the same for when the lead is accepted, and qualified as well!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allison Sparrow​ do you find that you need to have those fields synced to SFDC or is having Marketo only fields enough for reporting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Emily Dick​ we have it synced with SFDC, to take advantage of the reporting, and also because the sales team has been heavily involved in tracking our customer lifecycle. It's always safer to put it in Marketo first if you want to prove reporting effects first, and if it happens faster!

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

You can also create a channel type with steps to tag your different date/time stamps if you don't want to/can't create custom fields. You can then report easily off of who has violated/who has completed their SLAs super easily. It's a quick and easy program to implement if you're interested. I covered this workaround at summit this year; let me know if you want me to send you over the step-by-step!