Re: How to align existing smart campaigns with Programs for Revenue Analysis

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to align existing smart campaigns with Programs for Revenue Analysis

Hi all,

I have a bunch of smart campaigns that were created in the days before Programs that I'm still using.  I also have a bunch of "one-off" smart campaigns that were used for a single form or single campaign that didn't seem to "need" a program when I created them.

Now that I'm using RCA, I'd like to account for those campaigns in my various analyzers and other reporting - especially as I'd like to include costs

Is it possible to move an existing smart campaign into a program?  If not, what sorts of workarounds would be suggested?  (e.g. clone existing smart campaigns to add to the program? What about all of the prior leads from the smart campaign?)

If it's not possible to move an existing smart campaign into a program is that something that might be available in a future release?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Edward_Masson
Level 10

You can't clone a smart campaign and add to a program.

Are you trying to take the past activities and report off of them through programs?
Your best option is rebuild your smart campaigns again inside a program.  In 2 stages, 1 for the past and 1 for future.

Once all built, look to manual push all your prior collected leads to the new program as members. Then look to break that audience out into progressions that you can manually batch process into all your progressions.

The next stage will be for future, clone these smart activities you just built for the past and update with Triggers for your future leads you will acquire when you launch.

Similar to Lead Scoring smart campaigns, before Programs came along they were separate activities. Now we all have to rebuild into programs. There is some program templates available to download you can work off of.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Edward - but won't all the old leads have the wrong date associated with them?  For example, if I move all the old leads over on October 30th, then won't they all have an October 30th date for being added to the program?  That will make it more difficult to analyze the data by month - e.g. if I need to compare January 2013 leads to January 2014 leads, my January 2013 leads will be listed as October 2013...

Does that make sense?  Ideally I'd like to retain YOY comparison....
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Your correct, Memebrship data stamp will be when you add to a program.
Merging old smart campaigns to programs does not happen and I dont think its on the 1H 2014 road map