SOLVED

Re: How to add cc "Lead Owner" in Emailing?

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

How to add cc "Lead Owner" in Emailing?

Hello,

My question is slightly different than Can we add CC in email campaigns?   that's why I have started a new discussion.
We are sending out custom emails to a small targeted list provided by our sales rep. They want to know who has been sent an email, what and when.
They are therefore asked to be cced on this specific campaign. Our thinking was to add a cc = "lead owner" but as was I understand this feature doesn't exist in Marketo. Is there a work-around? Should we set an alert that basically send a copy of the email to the lead owner?

Again we don't want that sales owner are the reply to. We don't want to have one notification per campaign but we do want that sales rep receive every single custom emails that are sent out.

Cécile

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cecile

When you set up your campaign, you can create an alert alongside the email, so you would have this:

pastedImage_0.png

or you can set it up like this:

pastedImage_0.png

It is not a cc, but the lead owner does see the email

I hope this helps

Sally

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cecile

When you set up your campaign, you can create an alert alongside the email, so you would have this:

pastedImage_0.png

or you can set it up like this:

pastedImage_0.png

It is not a cc, but the lead owner does see the email

I hope this helps

Sally

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Sally. We had same requirement but Marketo does not support cc feature. If you can convince business, alert is best option to notify.

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

I agree that this is the best option, just keep in mind that if someone owns more than 1 person in the campaign, they will get an alert for every single person they own. Some of my sellers have 20 people who receive the same email, but I don't want the seller to get 20 of the same emails.

Not sure how to work around that, but I also don't want your sellers to get frustrated when they see a bunch of messages in their inbox!

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

good thing. in our case that's what sales reps want... until they get spammed and start to complain!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the above solution is the best available, there is no cc, but this will work just the same