SOLVED

How to add a Date Field to a Form?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add a Date Field to a Form?

We're trying to create a survey where people need to choose a date of an event. I tried to pick the "Date" option in the form, but it only displays a plain text; nothing about choosing a date. Can anyone help? 

Thanks, 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: How to add a Date Field to a Form?

Hi Itai,

Could you share the URL of the Landing Page where you have your form? It may be possible that calendar JS is conflicting with some other JS.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Itai,

It sounds like "Date" is a custom field inside your Marketo instance? You'll need to create a custom Marketo date field or find an existing date field to store and ask for the info in a your desired format.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi,

If you selected a field named "Date" and it displays plain text, instead of a date picker - you can adjust the type of the field in form editor. If you select the type of field as "Date" - it'll allow you to "select" the dates. As Rajesh said, you could also have picked a custom field named "Date" - which proably doesn't has a type defined as Date. You may want to create a separate custom field and set it's type as Date.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both. This is what I did: 
In field managment I created a new custom field and set it as "date." When I later chose it to insert to the form/survey I'm working on it shows only text, even though it says "date" in the "Field Type." What am i doing wrong? Thank you!
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Itai,

Could you share the URL of the Landing Page where you have your form? It may be possible that calendar JS is conflicting with some other JS.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alok,

I can't share it yet since it hasn't been published yet. It just doesn't make any sense to me why it wouldn't work. I might need to bump this issue to the Marketo Support team, see what they have to say. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, was there any solution to your problem? Having the same issue.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Open a new thread, post a link to your form, etc.

Zombie threads already marked Correct​ aren't a good place for more info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The answer marked as "correct" here is not really a confirmed solution to the problem. If you see it from the perspective of someone looking to fix a problem, it is very frustrating to read through 20 other threads with no solution. If i open as a new thread everyone will post "check out the other threads first!".

Anyway, in my case it seems to be a problem only in Firefox, the field sometimes shows with a date picker, sometimes not:

Termin vereinbaren - godesys AG

(its the first field).

In case anyone still reads this thread and has a solution, many thanks! I´ll follow up with support as well.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not saying this thread holds a correct answer to your problem -- not at all, it's the opposite!

I'm saying posting on a closed thread doesn't make sense because this thread is not only 2 years old but cannot (due to technical restrictions of the Jive platform) ever be reopened. From the perspective of providing peer-to-peer support, there is no value from posting on a closed thread, on the same topic nor on another topic.