How does Marketo deal with unsubscribes/bounces/etc?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does Marketo deal with unsubscribes/bounces/etc?

I just sent an email blast to the entire list with a smart list that included the whole list. 

I'm now being asked where I can find out deliverability/what happens with hard vs. soft bounces, etc? So are hard bounces deleted from the list?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does Marketo deal with unsubscribes/bounces/etc?

Hi Chelsea,
If you go to the main page of the Email Blast Smart Campaign, you can click on the "Email" tab. There, it will list number of emails sent, delivered, soft bounced, hard bounced, etc... You can also look in the results of the campaigns for the specific delivered, sent, bounced activities.

If you are using the new Email Program, you can find all these stats of the Dashboard.

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chelsea,

To find out the Email deliverability rates, go to the smart campaign you used to send the email and then click the 'Email' tab. You will be able to see delivery % as well as soft & hard bounces.

When an email address returns a hard bounce, Marketo marks field 'Email Invalid' to "True" and stops attempting to send emails to that address.

Here's an articke that explains in more detail: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KzZyCAK

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent out an email to the whole list from the Lead Database tab. And I don't see Email as a tab there... See screenshot. 

0EM50000000RS3M.jpg

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chelsea,
To report on single flow actions, I would go into the Email Performance report in Analytics. The email and all its stats should be reported on there. 

You can narrow down your time frame and the email the report displays in the setup tab.

Best,
Will