How Does 'Acquisition Date' Get Set?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How Does 'Acquisition Date' Get Set?

Here's what I understand about the 'Acquisition Date', and 'Acquisition Program" fields:

If you have a local landing page setup within a program, and a lead is created by coming through that page, Marketo will automatically set the Acquisition Program and Date.

However, what if you don't have a local landing page in the program and instead have a campaign setup to trigger the 'Acquisition Program' field? I recently did this with a program, where I used a campaign to set the acquisition program as "LinkedIn Ads". But now when I look at those leads they are missing an acquisition date. Do you have to setup a campaign to complete both the 'Acquisition Program" and "Acquisition Date" fields? I assumed that when you set the "Acquisition program", the acquisition date would be automatically set as well. But it doesn't appear to be the case.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Does 'Acquisition Date' Get Set?

If you are setting the Acquisiton Program manually (i.e. not automatically by the acquiring Marketo program), you also have to set the Acquisition Date manually. You can use the {system.DateTime}} token to set it to the current Date/Time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for confirming Elliott.

This seems a bit insane that they allow you to set an acquisition program manually independently of the acquisition date. It kind of makes for hard to manage, inconsistent data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is useful to be able to set the Acquisition Date separately - especially when you import leads from an event / tradeshow the following week, so there is a method to the madness ;0)
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Adding to this older discussion, I too was running into issues around this. But I now think Marketo has added the Acquisition date automatically when the Acquisition program is set manual.

I have a Global marketo form and a SiteCore webpage, when my lead fills out the Global form, I have a flow action in the local program to stamp Acquisition program if its empty - nothing else.

After reading this discussion, I checked to see if I got an Acquisition Date also, and it was there. So looks like Marketo made the change, unless I missed the change memo or something...